Post Scriptum is a WW2 simulation game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battle, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, communication and teamwork. Players will relive the events of ‘Operation Market Garden’ across the fields and towns of Holland.
‘The Bloody Seventh’ is our name for the initial focus of the project as we feel it succinctly details the struggle that the British paratroopers had to endure while waiting for their army counterpart to establish a link through the Lower Rhine.
In a 50 vs. 50 multiplayer setting, players will be given the option to fight with the British Airborne Division and its Polish brigade, British XXX Corps or several branches of the German Army, such as the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS. It’s a rare opportunity to experience the intense battlefield that was the Battle of Arnhem, which stretched across farms, woods, villages and city areas. Each area is being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level to aerial images. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment.
From the people behind “Project Reality WWII” and “Liberty’s Highway” is born “Periscope Games” studio, a group of individuals with one common ambition, creating the next standard in the WWII large scale battle platform.
Firstly known as a modding group for Squad, our ambition and expectation for Post Scriptum rapidly made us realize that we would have to create our own studio in order to reach those goals and fulfill this vision of ours. Such things would not be doable in a respectable time frame without us going full time on the project, and as such, get a living from it.
- Inspired by game such as “Red Orchestra ostfront 41-45” , “Battleground Europe: WWII Online” or “ArmA” we want to provide the perfect mix of realism on large scale maps.
- Teamwork oriented gameplay that doesn’t require a clan or private server to realize the potential of the gameplay entirely.
- Built in Voice Over IP using the best codecs available, with attenuated localized, intra-squad radio, and inter-squad command radio communications.
- 3 exclusives games modes, with “Base building” and “Base development” game mechanics usually found in Real Time Strategy games.
- A Logistics system based around drivable vehicles, designed to support bases in the field, all player maintained.
- Large scale maps from 4km² up to 8km².
- High-quality and accurate models remodeled from historical references and archives.
- A very open development team with excellent community communication, and preparations in progress for mod support near retail release.
- Infantry, Logistics, Fortifications and Mechanised Warfare.
Logo & Icon
Post Scriptum Credits
Romain ‘BreizhoO’ FERCHAT
Daniel ‘Arc Shielder’ ALVES
Project Management, Mapper
John ‘SgtStryker’ METCALFE
Kaan ‘Macolik’ CAKIR
Modeler & Animator
Ross ‘Rykane’ HOUSTON
Nikolaou ‘Postamenos’ CHARALAMBOS