Post Scriptum is a World War 2 themed tactical first-person shooter game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battles, a steep learning curve and an intense need for communication, cohesion and teamwork to achieve victory. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank, you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment!
With each significant location being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level photographs to aerial images, we hope to deliver a rare opportunity to experience these intense battlefields with a real emphasis on authenticity.
With a future release series, we will explore the conflict across the war’s theatres with each new chapter bringing new game modes, battlefields and factions, including their associated weaponry and vehicles
Post Scriptum Chapter 1 – ‘The Bloody Seventh’
Our initial release follows the struggles the British paratroopers had to endure while waiting for their army counterpart to establish a link through the Lower Rhine in Operation Market Garden. The allies, consisting of the British 1st Airborne Division and its Polish brigade, British Army XXX Corps, the American 82nd and 101st Airborne divisions fought against several branches of the German Army, including the Wehrmacht and the Waffen SS across multiple significant bridge crossings through the Netherlands.
Post Scriptum – ‘Armoured’
New ‘Armoured’ game mode will give players the chance to battle it out in brutal, multiple crew 12v12 vehicle warfare. From armoured recon vehicles to several different types of tanks, pick yourself a role and vehicle to help your team seize territory and advance across huge battlefields. In armoured crews, your mission is to capture objectives and work with your team to exploit the weaknesses’ of your enemies. To achieve victory, teams will need to preserve tickets by controlling the majority of objective areas and destroying the enemy. Heavier vehicles play a vital role as they are able to capture objectives much faster than lighter vehicles. This requires players to organise the distribution of different vehicle classes strategically over the battlefield.
– 64 players (32v32)- Objective based
– Multi-crew (3 to 4 players in each tank)
– Repairable component damage (tracks, engine, turret)
– Commander off-map air and artillery support
Post Scriptum Chapter 2 – coming soon
From the people behind “Project Reality WWII” and “Liberty’s Highway” was born “Periscope Games”, a group of individuals set up a studio with one common ambition, creating the next best standard in the WWII large scale battle platform. Firstly known as a modding group for Squad, our ambition and expectation for Post Scriptum rapidly made us realize that we would have to create our own studio in order to reach those goals and fulfil this vision of ours. Such things would not be doable in a respectable time frame without us going full time on the project.
Teamwork oriented gameplay that doesn’t require a clan or private server to realize the potential of the gameplay entirely.
- Built-in Voice Over IP using the best codecs available to allow positional voice chat with local friendlies, between squadmates and section leaders.
- Multiple game modes challenging even the most experienced players, featuring base building elements.
- A Logistics system based around drivable vehicles, designed to support bases in the field, all player maintained.
- Large scale maps ranging from 2km² up to 6km².
- High-quality and accurate models remodelled from historical references and archives.
- A very open-minded development team with excellent community communication and preparations in progress for mod support in the near future.