Post Scriptum is a World War 2 themed tactical first-person shooter game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battles, a steep learning curve and an intense need for communication, cohesion and teamwork to achieve victory. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank, you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment!
With each significant location being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level photographs to aerial images, we hope to deliver a rare opportunity to experience these intense battlefields with a real emphasis on authenticity.
With a future release series, we will explore the conflict across the war’s theatres with each new chapter bringing new game modes, battlefields and factions, including their associated weaponry and vehicles
Post Scriptum Chapter 1 – ‘The Bloody Seventh’
Our initial release follows the struggles the British and American paratroopers had to endure while waiting for their army counterpart to establish a link through the Lower Rhine in Operation Market Garden. The allies, consisting of the British 1st Airborne Division and its Polish brigade, British Army XXX Corps, the American 82nd and 101st Airborne divisions fought against several branches of the German Army, including the Wehrmacht and the Waffen SS across multiple significant bridge crossings through the Netherlands.
Post Scriptum – ‘Armoured’
New ‘Armoured’ game mode will give players the chance to battle it out in brutal, multiple crew 12v12 vehicle warfare. From armoured recon vehicles to several different types of tanks, pick yourself a role and vehicle to help your team seize territory and advance across huge battlefields. In armoured crews, your mission is to capture objectives and work with your team to exploit the weaknesses’ of your enemies. To achieve victory, teams will need to preserve tickets by controlling the majority of objective areas and destroying the enemy. Heavier vehicles play a vital role as they are able to capture objectives much faster than lighter vehicles. This requires players to organise the distribution of different vehicle classes strategically over the battlefield.
– 64 players (32v32)
– Objective-based capture zones
– Multi-crew (3 to 4 players in each tank)
– Repairable component damage (tracks, engine, turret)
– Commander off-map air and artillery support
Post Scriptum Chapter 2 – ‘Plan Jaune’
The second expansion to Post Scriptum titled Plan Jaune (french translated from Fall Gelb) set during the opening stages of the Battle of France in 1940 when the German Army used their lightning war tactics to push their way through the Ardennes. It features the Germany and French Army of 1940, as well as a host of new vehicles for both armies, consisting of mainly lighter and more mobile armoured vehicles for Germany and the more heavily armoured vehicles for the French. Experience what it was like to fight as the “untouchable” Germany army with their lightning war tactics or as the French army trying to stop the German war machine’s advance into France.
– Over 40 new vehicles and weapons.
– 3 Brand new maps with even more attention to detail.
– And much more!
Post Scriptum Chapter 3 – ‘Day of Days’
The third expansion to Post Scriptum titled Day of Days is set during Operation Overlord the allied invasion of Normandy, in an effort to liberate France and force Germany to fight on multiple fronts at once. You can expect multiple maps featuring iconic locations inspired by aerial photography and award-winning shows. Day of Days aims to portray the D-Day landings like never before, with a major focus on an immersive and bone-chilling experience.
– Brand new US and German forces like the 4th Infantry and Fallschirmjägers
– New “Invasion” Gamemode that puts a twist on the well known “Offensive” mode.
– New vehicles like the M18 Hellcat, M10 Wolverine, M8 Greyhound, King Tiger and much more!
From the people behind “Project Reality WWII” and “Liberty’s Highway” was born “Periscope Games”, a group of individuals set up a studio with one common ambition, creating the next best standard in the WWII large scale battle platform. Firstly known as a modding group for Squad, our ambition and expectation for Post Scriptum rapidly made us realize that we would have to create our own studio in order to reach those goals and fulfil this vision of ours. Such things would not be doable in a respectable time frame without us going full time on the project.
Teamwork oriented gameplay that doesn’t require a clan or private server to realize the potential of the gameplay entirely.
- Built-in Voice Over IP using the best codecs available to allow positional voice chat with local friendlies, between squadmates and section leaders.
- Multiple game modes challenging even the most experienced players, featuring base building elements.
- A Logistics system based around drivable vehicles, designed to support bases in the field, all player maintained.
- Large scale maps ranging from 2km² up to 6km².
- High-quality and accurate models remodelled from historical references and archives.
- A very open-minded development team with excellent community communication and preparations in progress for mod support in the near future.
Periscope Games Development Team
Romain ‘BreizhoO’ FERCHAT
CEO / Project Lead
Henrik ‘SnazzyDuckling’ CHRISTENSEN
Yash ‘Commander Shepard’ VERMA
Robert ‘Gunschlinger’ VATER
Tobias ‘Beskar_Mando’ MOOS
Environmental Artist / Level Designer
Nicholas ‘Winter5427’ COLLINS
Partners / Contractors
Artem ‘Temka7’ KUTSENKO
CEO / Founder